High School Athlete College Recruiting Service...founded by a Johnny "COACH" Galeas and a group of dedicated fathers of student athletes and former High School & Collegiate coaches. COACHPOST1 has created a database that allows high school athletes to be seen and recruited by Colleges across the nation. and will get your information into the decision makers hands with links to the NCAA Clearinghouse and NCAA site that will provide you with
what you need to get started either on your own or with COACHPOST1...especially if you find it all a little confusing.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baseball, not just for the most talented athletes...


One exciting aspect of baseball is that a player with less ability can rise up and become a better player than the pure athlete. While this can be said of many sports, it is especially true in baseball. The reason is the large number of skills that are required for a player to become a complete ballplayer. There may be no substitute for speed, but in baseball speed alone will not get a player very far, or even off the bench for that matter.If you're a player, you must focus during practice. If you are working on fielding a backhand play, then work on the skill as if that's the play you're going to have to make for the league championship. You never know, it just might be! In addition to the work ethic you display at practice there are many skills that you can develop working by yourself at home. How good of a player do you want to be? Make sure your effort reflects the answer. The ability of a baseball player to rise above more talented athletes is not only attributed to his desire, but also to the coaching he has received. Repetition of a skill is essential for a player to become proficient in that skill. Repeating that skill improperly also ingrains a skill, unfortunately an incorrect one. Here is a story for you...and it's about me growing up.
When I started playing ball at age 9...boy, that was a long time ago. I was a 3 inning player, played right field and batted 9th in the lineup....My dad played major league ball so I was very aware even at that age what this meant. I remember coming home crying, telling my dad that I want to be a good baseball player...at age nine...funny. Anyway, he basically said - SON....here is what we need to do. Dads here is your chance to get some great quality time with your kids...take the time. All I can say after lots of playing catch, going to baseball games, watching it on tv, by age 11 I batted 3rd in the lineup and never hit under 400 again in my entire career all the way into my 20's...I played 3rd base and pitched (throwing 90 + mph)...to this day you still don't want to get into a snowball fight with me as I hit what I throw at...why, practice, practice, practice.
I LOVE THE GAME, AND IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BECOMING A BETTER PLAYER AND WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES...YOU TO CAN GROW, BECOME BETTER AND RISE ABOVE THE MORE TALENTED PLAYERS. Sometimes talented athletes never reach their potential...why, because it's easy for them and they don't get out of their comfort zones. Coaches tend to cater to them also not pushing them. If you are talented, remember you can be passed by lesser talented players with big hearts of desire...Desire is the key to eveything in life

No comments: